I really enjoy a good pork chop! Especially when they’ve been cooked well in a nice marinade. My mama calls this one “The Perfect Meat Marinade.” I’ve used it on chicken, fish, and pork! It always turns out delicious. I like to pair it with the wine I put in the marinade, it really accents the flavors in both! As for sides, I always do a veggie and normally mashed potatoes. Of course, you can do whatever you like!
– Pork chops
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1/4 cup red wine (white will work in a pinch)
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
1.Mix all ingredients in a bag or tupperware. Let sit overnight (you can let it sit for a few hours, but it’s best if you can let it marinade for a good, long while!).
2. Place the pork chops and marinade in a baking pan and cover with foil. I love these baking pans from amazon because I can put the lid on and throw them in the fridge when we’re done eating. It’s so convenient!
3. Cook in the oven at 400° F for 20 minutes (or until internal temp of at least 145° F)
4. Serve warm with sides, and enjoy! And don’t forget a nice glass of wine!
I’m always trying to expand my horizons in the kitchen – what is your favorite marinade recipe?