Alrighty guys. This one is so easy I don’t know if it even counts as cooking! AND it’s been one of the hubby’s favorites for years! If you haven’t discovered the joys of pesto yet, get ready to have a life changing moment. Seriously. It’s the best.
I made my pesto chicken with a side of steamed broccoli. I don’t like raw broccoli at all, but steaming it makes it so delicious! Especially if you add a pinch of salt.
- Boneless chicken breast (I use 2, one per person)
- Pesto (about 1 tbsp per breast)
- Mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 cup per 2 breasts)
- Broccoli (unless you want another side, of course!)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breast in a casserole dish. Cover them with pesto.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken.
- Put the dish in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Turn the stove on medium heat. Put water in a pot with a veggie steamer basket. Bring water to a simmer.
- Place broccoli in the basket and cook with a lid for 4-5 minutes.
I can’t wait to hear what y’all think of this one! Also, let me know what type of recipe you want more of! 🙂