Once upon a time I thought it was super hard to make pizza. As it turns out, it’s really easy! It is a bit time consuming, but it’s delicious, cheap, and pretty darn simple! This recipe has become a staple in Justin and my dinners. I make pizza about once a week. This is, once again, a recipe from my Mama!
1 package of yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp canola oil
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can tomato sauce
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp oregano
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, salt, oil, and flour. Mix well
- Cover with a cloth and let sit in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Grease 2 pizza pans. Place half of the risen dough in each pan. Grease your fingers and spread the dough to the edge of the pan.
- Bake the dough (no toppings) for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- I n a small bowl mix tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano and pepper.
- Spread sauce over the crust.
- Add cheese and then toppings. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the edges of the crust turn brown.