Yep, you read that right. I didn’t have any chicken, but I did have fish! So I thought I’d give Fish Caprese a go. And let me tell you, it was a success! It took me all of 15 minutes to get everything made and it was yummy. That sounds like a win to me on any week night.
– 4 tilapia fillets
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 teaspoon dry italian seasoning (or use garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried basil)
– 1 tomato
– 4 one ounce slices of fresh mozzarella cheese (or grated mozzarella in a pinch!)
– 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
1. Heat pan on medium high heat.
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan. Place fish in pan and season with italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
3. Cook for 3-5 minutes and flip. Season again.
4. When the fish is done, place mozzarella on top and cook for another 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat and put on a plate. Add a slice of tomato and drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
6. Bon appetit!
I really enjoyed this one because it was so quick and easy. I literally had dinner on the table in 15 minutes from start to finish! Plus, because it’s fish and cooked with olive oil, it’s pretty darn healthy! Next time I’m thinking I add some garlic bread 😋 It pairs nicely with a nice crisp, slightly sweet wine!
Recipe inspired by Dinner at the Zoo