So it may not technically be a meal, but brownies are pretty darn tasty, and I was in the mood for something sweet! And if you want them to be, I’m sure they would make a super yummy supper 😋
This recipe was passed down from my mom. She spent years experimenting before she finally found the perfect combination. When I was little she would make these brownies as a special treat for my siblings and me. We would always get so excited when we smelled the delicious chocolate wafting through the house. And then we would anxiously wait for them to cool enough so we could eat them! Sometimes my mom would even serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. That was my absolute favorite!
Now that I’m sure your mouth is watering with anticipation, here’s the recipe! 🙂
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 9 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup (optional)
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ square pan or a 9″ pie plate. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter, then stir in sugar and cocoa.
- Add eggs, vanilla, chocolate chips, and chocolate syrup.
- Beat lightly until just combined (don’t over beat or the brownies will rise too high and then fall).
- Stir in flour.
- Spread batter in pan. and bake for 30 minutes.
- I added some store bought icing to mine (because I was feeling lazy and didn’t want to make it!)
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! They are SO yummy!!! 😋
If you give this recipe a try, tag it @brooke_tedrick on Instagram and use #FarmandFashion 🙂