As many of y’all know, a few months back I went to Vermont and saw the leaves change and enjoyed the cute little town Burlington, and the surrounding areas (you can read my travel guide here). While I was there, they had all things maple- maple ice cream, maple liquor, maple syrup, etc. Naturally I had to get some maple syrup to bring home! The hubby loves it, so I decided to put it in one of my recipes!
With just 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking, you have a nice dinner on the table! I am so about recipes that are quick and easy! ❤ Fair warning though, this one tastes pretty sweet!
– 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or maple-flavor syrup
– 1/3 cup orange juice
– 3 tbsp bourbon whiskey or orange juice
– 4, 4 ounce salmon fillets
– Ground black pepper
-1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat broiler. For syrup glaze, in a small saucepan combine maple syrup, orange juice, and whiskey. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat while preparing salmon.
- Lightly sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place on a lightly greased broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove 2 tablespoons glaze and brush on all sides of salmon. Turn salmon and broil 5 minutes longer or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Stir pecans into remaining glaze; heat on high about 5 minutes or until glaze reaches the consistency of syrup. Serve salmon topped with pecan syrup.
- Enjoy! 🙂
As always, give it a try, let me know how it goes! 🙂