Alright, y’all. This recipe is pretty solid. The citrus adds a nice light flavor that really gets the taste buds going! It was even hubby approved, so clearly it was a yummy meal!
From start to finish it only took about 30 minutes, so definitely a win on a weeknight! Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
- 3 ¾ cups unsalted chicken stock
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅜ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Combine 1 ¼ cups stock and quinoa in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cilantro, ½ lime juice, and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and coat the pan. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side (or until done). Remove from pan.
3. Add ½ cup chicken stock to pan, 1 teaspoon lime juice, ¼ cup orange juice, and 2 teaspoons honey. Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in butter. Cover chicken with sauce.
4. Serve chicken on quinoa! Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings
- 398 calories
- 12.6 g fat
- 43 g protein
- 26 g carbs